Ghent University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Arabic Historiography 2019 in Belgium and How to Apply
Applications are currently invited from suitably qualify candidates for Ghent University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Arabic Historiography 2019 . Deadline for Submitting of applications for this scholarship is 15th November 2019. Continue Reading…
The Ghent University is offering one full-time post-doctoral fellowship in the fields of 15th-century Arabic sociolinguistics and/or historiography. Fellowship is available for International students.
The Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
- Applications Deadline: November 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to the postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject:Fellowship is awarded in the fields of 15th-century Arabic sociolinguistics and/or historiography.
- Scholarship Award:The university offers a full-time contract as a postdoctoral fellow (max. 36 months), starting on 1 January 2019, or as soon as possible after this date. The starting salary is minimum 2.300 euro net on a full-time basis.
- Nationality: Fellowship is available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: One fellowship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Profile of the candidate
- The candidate should have a PhD in the fields of Arabic, Islamic Studies, (Middle East) History, Arabic Literature, Arabic Linguistics, or equivalent
- The candidate should have a promising track record in a field of research that is relevant for the MMS-II project, as demonstrated by relevant papers, publications, conference participation, PhD dissertation, reviews, committee comments,…
- The candidate should have a strong interest in the study of late medieval historiography and Arabic socio-linguistics, at the crossroads of socio-political history and cultural studies.
- The candidate should have experience with computational analysis and digital Islamic humanities more in general
- The candidate should be able to work independently and at the same time be a team player.
- The candidate has not worked, lived or studied in Belgium for more than 24 months in the last 36 months.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
Please send us
- Your CV;
- A cover letter with a short motivation and a statement of interest;
- A research proposal (3 pages) presenting a relevant research project and a research plan (along with the lines of the research agenda defined in the job description above);
- The names and details of three referees (no reference letters !).
Applications can be submitted by email to mamluk-at-ugent.be only; the four components of the application (CV, letter, proposal, names of referees) should be combined in one PDF file.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest GIST from CSN PORTAL in Your EMAIL ADDRESS
Get Latest Smart Phones at a Cheap and Affordable Price @ TECHDRILLERS.COM
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.
Tags: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Arabic, Scholarship