ADS: Get JAMB CBT APP on Your PHONE and PC Now!
Kerkbode Postdoctoral Fellowship in Scriptures for International Students in South Africa 2019 and How to Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualify candidates for Kerkbode Postdoctoral Fellowship in Scriptures for International Students in South Africa 2019 . Deadline for Submitting of applications for this scholarship is October 31, 2018. Continue Reading…
Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowship in Scriptures for applicants who have a PhD from any recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa or abroad. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The Kerkbode is the official organ of the Dutch Reformed Church, which in 1849 by Dr. Abraham Faure as the Reformed Church Booth is erected. Later it was known as De Kerkbode and The Kerkbode, but in 2003 the “de” was abandoned in the title. The magazine appears every two weeks. It is the oldest of its kind in South Africa. TheKerkbode ‘s circulation has varied between 10 000 and 50 000 over the years, and at one stage it was much more influential than the turnover would make one suspect.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Area of postdoctoral research project: A qualitative analysis of the hermeneutical dynamics operative in the interpretation of the scriptures of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
- Scholarship Award: Typically R180 000 per annum, renewable for a second year (2020), depending on satisfactory research progress and outputs.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A PhD from any recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa or abroad;
- The PhD must have been obtained after 1 January 2014 (thus no longer than 5 years ago);
- The research field of the PhD must have been in Old Testament/Hebrew Bible, New Testament, Qur’an studies, or religion studies, or any related field;
- The PhD study must have included a hermeneutical focus.
- A keen interest in the interpretation of the scriptures of any (or all) of the three monotheistic religious traditions represented in South Africa;
- Some exposure to, or experience in, qualitative research methods;
- A team player with openness towards critical engagement and research development.
- Planning of a research project (as outlined in the appendix);
- Setting up the infrastructure for the qualitative research project;
- Implementing the initial stages of data collection and analysis;
- Writing of research outputs (such as scientific articles to be published in accredited journals/books);
- Advising the project team on the further development of the proposed Centre for the Interpretation of Authoritative Scriptures (CIAS) at Stellenbosch University.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
(i) A cover letter,
(ii) A CV (with full particulars of previous studies, research foci and experience), and
(iii) The names and contact details of three referees (of which one should be the doctoral supervisor) to prof Louis Jonker (LCJ-at-sun.ac.za).
(iv) an abstract of no more than 500 words of how you would plan and implement the proposed postdoctoral project as described in the appendix.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest GIST from CSN PORTAL in Your EMAIL ADDRESS
Get Latest Smart Phones at a Cheap and Affordable Price @ TECHDRILLERS.COM
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.