ADS: Get JAMB CBT APP on Your PHONE and PC Now!
PhD Studentship for UK/EU Students at University of Cambridge in UK 2019 and How to Apply
Applications are currently invited from suitably qualify candidate for Fully funded University of Cambridge PhD Studentship for UK/EU Students in UK 2019. The deadline for submission of application for this Scholarship is 3rd January 2019. See more details below;
The new Department of Pathology fully-funded PhD Studentships for October 2019 entry. The studentships are available to UK nationals and EU students.
The Department of Pathology has an excellent reputation in pure biological and biomedical research and is offering fully funded* studentships from October 2019 to work with one of the Research Group Leaders in this large and vibrant Department.
The Department of Pathology is one of the largest Departments in the School of Biological Sciences . Its research mission is: “To determine the causes, analyse the effects, and develop means for the early detection and improved management of diseases of medical and social importance”.
- Applications Deadline: January 3, 2019
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD program.
- Study Subject: Supervisors and Projects available for October 2019 are:
- Dr Isiah Barbieri: Understanding the role of the Guanosine Trimethylase TGS1 in Acute myeloid leukaemia
- Dr Betty Chung: Early PI3-mediated translation response during intracellular bacterial and viral infection
- Dr Paolo D’Avino: Characterization of the roles of PP1 phosphatases in cytokinesis
- Prof Ming Du: Characterization of clonal evolution of T-cell lymphoma
- Dr James Edgar: Tetherin exosomes
- Prof Ian Goodfellow: Characterisation of the mechanism of norovirus VPg-dependent RNA synthesis.
- Dr Nerea Irigoyen: Understanding Zika virus pathogenesis in human neurons
- Dr Catherine Merrick: How do malaria parasites sense and respond to DNA damage?
- Scholarship Award: Funding* will cover the student’s stipend at the current Research Council rate and University Fees. The studentships will be funded for three years in the first instance subject to eligibility**, with the possibility of additional funding in the fourth year depending on circumstances.
- Nationality: The studentships are available to UK nationals and EU students.
- Number of Scholarships: Eight studentships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The studentships are available to UK nationals and EU students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Please note that the definition of Overseas student adopted by the University for the purposes of payment of the Composition Fee is liable to change in order to comply with the requirements of UK legislation.
There are a number of requirements which must be met in order to be eligible for Home or EU fees. Listed below are the two main requirements. Please note that these are not the only requirements that you will need to meet. For further information on these and other requirements please consult the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website. Students must meet the requirements of both settled status and ordinary residence in the first instance.
This means that students must be nationals of the UK or another EU country, or have the right of permanent residence or indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK (i.e. they must not be subject under immigration laws to any restriction on the period for which they may stay in the UK).
This means that in addition, students must also have been ordinarily resident in the UK, the EU, Switzerland or the Overseas Territories for the three years prior to the start date of the course for which they are applying, and that residence should not have been wholly or mainly for the purposes of receiving education. Being absent from the UK/EU due to study abroad is usually considered a temporary absence and does not affect ordinary residence if the home/permanent address is within the UK/EU.
If you have already been admitted as a graduate student, and disagree with your fee status, you may request a fee reassessment from the Graduate Admissions Office who will consult the UKCISA guidelines before making a decision. Please see Fee Reassessment for details. Decisions on fee reassessment will be based on the evidence that you have submitted; if you have any further, or new, information please submit this as soon after the decision as possible.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the universities’ English Language Requirements.
How to Apply:
All applications should be made online via the University’s Applicant Portal. In the Studentship section of your application please enter the projects that you are applying for in order of preference. You are allowed to select up to 3. An application is only complete when all supporting documents, including the 2 academic references, are submitted. It is the applicants responsibility to ensure their referees submit their references before the closing date.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest GIST from CSN PORTAL in Your EMAIL ADDRESS
Get Latest Smart Phones at a Cheap and Affordable Price @ TECHDRILLERS.COM
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.