ADS: Get JAMB CBT APP on Your PHONE and PC Now!
UWC School of Public Health Postdoctoral Fellowship for Sub-Saharan Africans in South Africa 2019 and How to Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualify candidates for UWC School of Public Health Postdoctoral Fellowship for Sub-Saharan Africans in South Africa 2019 . Deadline for Submitting of applications for this scholarship is November 2, 2018. Continue Reading…
The UWC School of Public Health is inviting applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships in the field of Health Policy and Systems linked to the two NRF/DST SARChI Chairs in the School for the year 2019. Students from Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply.
The purpose of the SARCHI Postdoctoral Fellowship is to contribute to career development in HPSR; building the field of HPSR with partners in South Africa and internationally; enhancement of the capacity of the UWC School of Public Health.
Established in 1993, the School is unique in many respects both in South Africa and in the continent. Academic programme, popular in South Africa and other African countries for its flexible, modular, part-time design and growing array of distance learning materials. School offers post-graduate diploma, Masters and PhD programme in public health.
- Applications Deadline: November 2, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Health Policy and Systems linked to the two NRF/DST SARChI Chairs in the School.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship is initially tenable for one year starting in 2019, and is valued, tax-free at a maximum of R300, 000 per annum. Renewal for a second year will be considered depending on satisfactory academic progress and continued funding.
- Nationality: Students from Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligible Countries: Students from Sub-Saharan Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Academic Criteria: Applicants must:
- Have achieved a PhD in Public Health or a related field in the last five years. For applicants who did not obtain
their qualification in South Africa, a SAQA certification or proof of SAQA application must be provided.
- Have citizenship of a sub-Saharan African country or be an expatriate African. Preference will be given to South African citizens or permanent residents.
- Have a strong academic record with evidence of research experience and peer-reviewed publications.
Candidates with project management experience and ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders are preferred.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit the following documents, by no later than 2 November 2018, 5 p.m. to Carnita Ernest at SOPHUWCjobs-at-gmail.com:
- Letter of motivation including a one page summary of research interest
- Curriculum Vitae with contact information
- Certified copies of ID/passport, and qualifications.
- Evidence of publication record and writing skills
- Names and contact details of at least three referees.
UWC reserves the right to change the conditions of award or to make no award at all.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest GIST from CSN PORTAL in Your EMAIL ADDRESS
Get Latest Smart Phones at a Cheap and Affordable Price @ TECHDRILLERS.COM
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.