ADS: Get JAMB CBT APP on Your PHONE and PC Now!
CEBHA+Doctoral Scholarship for Research in Low and Middle Income Countries 2019 and How to Apply
Application are currently invited from suitably qualify candidate for CEBHA+Doctoral Scholarship for Research in Low and Middle Income Countries 2019. The deadline for submission of application for scholarship is 26th Noember 2018. See more details below;
The Collaboration for Evidence-Based Healthcare and Public Health in Africa (CEBHA+) is awarding doctoral students to apply for a 3-year scholarship. Scholarships are awarded to international as well as Malawian citizens.
The Network aims to build long-term capacity and infrastructure for evidence-based healthcare and public health in sub-Saharan Africa, by focusing on both prevention of disease and delivery of care for NCDs.
Cochrane South Africa (SA) is part of the global, independent Cochrane network of researchers, professionals, patients, carers and people interested in health. Cochrane is a non-profit organisation that prepares and disseminates information (in the form of reviews) on what works and what doesn’t in health care. These reviews enable policy makers, health service providers and the public to make informed decisions about health care.
- Applications Deadline: November 26, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral degree programs.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the fields related to Public Health.
- Scholarship Award: The total scholarship is valued at € 24,000 and will be paid out over 3 years. The scholarship will be administered through the successful candidate’s university; and it will cover tuition fees and research costs, and contribute towards living expenses. Payment of the scholarship will be as per the university policy; and continued payment of the scholarship will depend upon the candidate’s satisfactory progress against agreed goals. The successful candidate will be mentored by experienced researchers within the CEBHA+ Network.
- Nationality: Scholarships are awarded to international as well as Malawian citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Each of the doctoral candidates will be hosted at one of three institutions:
- South African Medical Research Council (students may be registered at any university in sub-Saharan Africa)
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Malawi
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are awarded to international as well as Malawian citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Eligibility criteria for applicants per institution:
South African Medical
|University of Malawi|
|Citizenship||Not a criteria||Not a criteria||Malawian citizen|
|Qualifications||Master’s degree||Master’s degree in Public Health or Epidemiology|
|PhD registration at University||Students already registered or accepted and intend to register at any university in sub-Saharan Africa||Students already registered or accepted and intend to register at these institutions|
|Research background||Public health, global health, clinical epidemiology, or nutrition or related field||Public health and epidemiology|
|Research interest||NCDs-related research and evidence synthesis methods||Evidence-based health care, epidemiology, public health|
|PhD proposal topic||Policy relevant NCDs-related research within the LMIC public health context||Policy relevant NCDs-related research within the LMIC public health context or evidence-based health care|
|Employment||Not more than 20hrs/week|
|Contact person||Bey-Marrie Schmidt||Traci Naidoo||Suzgika Lakudzala|
|Email address of contact person||bey-marrie.schmidt-at-mrc.ac.za||Traci-at-sun.ac.za||Slakudzala-at-medcol.mw|
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria should please submit the following documents by 26 November 2018.
- Completed application form
- Copy of Passport/ID
- Full CV
- Motivational letter outlining relevant research experience
- Proof of registration from doctoral candidate’s university (if applicable)
- Summary of intended doctoral research
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest GIST from CSN PORTAL in Your EMAIL ADDRESS
Get Latest Smart Phones at a Cheap and Affordable Price @ TECHDRILLERS.COM
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.
Tags: CEBHA+Doctoral Scholarship for Research