ADS: Get JAMB CBT APP on Your PHONE and PC Now!
International PhD Scholar Initiative at Walter and Eliza Hall Institute in Australia 2019 and How to Apply
Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified candidates for International PhD Scholar Initiative at Walter and Eliza Hall Institute in Australia 2019 . Deadline for submitting of applications for this scholarship is November 30, 2018. See Details Below;
Applications are now open for International PhD Scholar Initiative for commencement in 2019 on the basis of applicant’s academic record, relevant experience and a video-conference interview. International PhD Scholar Initiative enables outstanding international students to join their Medical Biology PhD Program.
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute is Australia’s oldest medical research institute. It was founded in 1915 with financial support from a trust established by Eliza Hall, following the death of her husband Walter. The vision was for an institute that ‘will be the birthplace of discoveries rendering signal service to mankind in the prevention and removal of disease and the mitigation of suffering’.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: November 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The Institute’s International PhD Scholarships provide a living allowance equivalent to the current Melbourne Research Scholarship rate. In addition, all PhD students receive the Institute’s $2000 per annum scholarship top-up plus a relocation allowance, health insurance coverage, and a university tuition fee offset.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for International students.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- A four-year bachelor degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and have achieved a minimum weighted average of 80% or (University of Melbourne) equivalent;
- A masters degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and achieved a minimum weighted average of 80% or (University of Melbourne) equivalent;
- A qualification and professional experience considered to be equivalent;
- A research proposal; and
- Referee reports (except for applicants who have graduated from the University of Melbourne within the last 5 years); and
- The endorsement of a prospective supervisor.
English Language Requirements: The minimum English language requirements for this course are: Band 7
How to Apply
- Check that you meet the entry requirements for PhD candidature at the University of Melbourne.
- Investigate the current student project opportunities to identify your preferred research areas.
- Complete and submit an application form online:
You will be asked to nominate up to five titles of research projects or Institute supervisors who are in your research field or disease area of interest.
- Email your application supporting documents to studentapplications-at-wehi.edu.au
Please use the same email account as you have listed on the application form.
Email Subject line: 2018 WEHI IPSI Application – YOUR SURNAME
(i) A cover letter that explains your research interests and motivation for doing a PhD
(ii) Curriculum vitae
(iii) Academic transcripts (include university grading scale and the English translation if applicable).
Incomplete applications (including missing supporting documents) will not be considered.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
♦ Subscribe NOW to Latest GIST from CSN PORTAL in Your EMAIL ADDRESS
Get Latest Smart Phones at a Cheap and Affordable Price @ TECHDRILLERS.COM
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.
Tags: International PhD Scholar Initiative, International PhD Scholar Initiative at Walter and Eliza Hall Institute in Australia, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute in Australia